Monday, January 10, 2011

Some good news today :)

Not related to Ava, but the Natalie-monster.

We went to visit Dr. John today because just after Christmas, Natalie had to be rechecked for her VUR.  They do that through a renal ultrasound and super fun (**insert sarcasm here**) test called a VCUG

The good news is that her VUR has decreased from a Level 2 in both ureters to a Level 1 in only 1 ureter!  YAY!  That means she will most likely outgrow it.  She will have to have another VCUG in 18 months, but we'll deal with that when we get there.

Ava had a good morning!  She also had an appointment with Dr John just so he could take a look at her.  I really appreciate that he wanted to see her and talk to us for himself.  He's so involved in the girls' healthcare and you can tell he cares so much about his patients!  Some doctors just don't care and would just take the report from the hospital and move on. 

I think Ava was really excited to get out of the house.  She barely even cried when she was dropped off at the sitter, which is GREAT!  She's been having separation anxiety for the past month or so.  I hope she enjoys being with the other kids.  Natalie had a really tough time at drop off - she didn't want me to go to work AT ALL.  Just breaks my heart into a million and ten pieces!!!  The poor thing has had me home for 3 weeks - what a tease, right?  Maybe I'll be home more, someday.  :)

Here's hoping that the day went well at the sitter and that Ava sleeps better than she did last night!  She decided to scream last night from midnight until 3am.  Maybe longer.  I think 3am is the last time I remember opening my eyes.  Until Natalie came in our room at 4:45am announcing to us that she threw up.  We have yet to detect any signs of throw up in her room, or ours.  She climbed into bed with us and went back to bed.  8pm bedtime for me tonight!

1 comment: