Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pottys, Pools, and Pinches - OH MY!!!!

As usual, we've had a lot going on in the Huber household! Gee - wonder why I can never find time to post?

What to start with first? I guess we'll start with the not-so-great...
Natalie has started hitting, biting, and pinching! She mostly does it when she's mad at you or frustrated. I have no idea how to deal with this. I don't think she "gets" time out. She laughs or ignores us when we say no or ouch. What else can you really do with a 13 month old? I have had a few suggestions of picking her up and setting her away from me when she does it - so I might try that next. I've also heard that biting them back works - haven't tried that yet, but I'm thinking about pinching her back. Honestly, I'm at the point of - whatever works.

Some exciting stuff...Natalie has gone poopy on the potty THREE TIMES!!! We just introduced the potty to her about a week and a half ago. I'm so shocked and impressed. She has been showing signs of knowing when she has to go poop for awhile now. She grabs her butt, she hides, she squats. So, I thought I would just go get a potty to start introducing it to her - I never in a million years thought she would actually GO POTTY anytime soon! The interesting thing - she will NOT sit on the potty unless she has to go. If you put her on there just for the heck of it, she cries. But last night she was showing her "poop signs" in the bath and Jeff asked her "do you need go go poopy in the potty?" and she reached her arms up to get out of the bath and sat on the potty! Obviously, we're no where NEAR potty trained, but I'm glad she is understanding the feeling of going and getting used to sitting on the potty.

Natalie also when swimming in a BIG pool for the first time last weekend and she LOVED it. I'm hoping to get her in a swim activity sometime soon. And if I can't find one, well, there are perks to having the Varsity swim coach as your husband!! We also went to the zoo last weekend - it was a good day to go because not many people were there and Natalie really got a chance to check out all the animals. She loved all the "kitties", elephants, penguins, and turtles.

You may or may not have noticed that I added some new blogs to check out - they are food blogs and I am jumping on the food blog bandwagon and linking you to them! I might do some food stuff in this blog once in awhile, we'll see.

And now for some pictures!

Pool Fun!!



The Zoo! Natalie sees the Kitty! (Snow Leopard)


Calling the Kitty...


Oooo!!! BIG kitty!





Family Shot


PENGUINS! Natalie LOVED them. This one had been playing with her - you can see how excited her face is!


2 comments:

  1. WOW! That's great that she wanted out of the bath to go poo poo! Yay, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she's having a ton of fun in the pool! Especially being thrown! I love your background too!

    ReplyDelete